We at Olivet are committed to a role of environmental stewardship by recognizing the impacts production can have on the environment. This is why we make it our mission to understand environmental issues, implement eco-friendly materials, reduce waste through increased efficiency, practice sustainable methods, and communicate the importance of our mission, so that as a team we can reduce our impact, one footprint at a time!
It is not only what is in your product that matters, but also how it is manufactured. We focus on every aspect of our products life span, from where raw materials come from to where the product ends up.
- Use of renewable energy in water-cooled air conditioning system, solar powered water heating technology, and a rain water collection system
- Our newest company facilities use LED lighs for four times the efficiency and 80% less energy consumption
- Reduce PVC by incorporating the least toxic plastics available
- All international products ship by tanker, releasing fewer emissions than other shipping methods
- Use 100% non-bleached master cartons
- Recycle all excess material left over from the manufacturing process
- On-Site recycling in all company owned facilities
In 2010, Olivet began their species preservation and carbon reduction initiative, by adopting 50,000 acres - or 78 square miles - of northeastern China's most pristine forest.
Environmentally friendly material and components reducing the amount of oil, harmful plastics, and toxins from the Olivet supply chain
Through our partnership with BEF, Olivet actively reduces the price of clean and renewable wind energy, finances the development of new energy projects, and reduces the impact of carbon dioxide pollution.
By being certified with the Fair Labor Association (FLA), Olivet is part of the collaborative efforts of socially responsible companies, colleges, universities, and civil society organizations to improve working conditions in factories around the world. The FLA has developed a workplace code of conduct, based on ILO standards, and created a practical monitoring, remediation, and verfication process to achieve those standards.
Olivet has a license agreement with TerraCycle for lunch kits and coolers. Together, we are working to reduce environmental waste, surplus use of landfills, as well as the reduction of carbon emissions through the incorporation of recycled components and materials within our products.
- Wash your clothes in cold water.
- Save water by taking shorter showers.
- Use reusable bags when at the grocery store
- If possible, walk or ride your bike to work to save gas, wear on your car, and the planet.
- Use reusable bottles and lunch sacks to transport drinks and food. This saves other materials from the landfill and can make a fun fashion statement.
- Always be sure your electronics are being recycled by qualifiied personnel to ensure harmful metals are kept out of landfills.
- If facilities exist, recycle plastics, glass, and paper. If, not look in to how you could set up a recycling facility in your community!
- Done with your old clothes? Recycle them by donating them to local second hand stores.